GENERAL SUMMARY: Provide clerical support for the Accounting and Purchasing departments.
- Responsible for daily incoming and outgoing company mail, postage meter, courier bags, and distribution of Business Office mail as necessary.
- Assist Purchasing Specialist with purchasing and receiving.
- Data enter purchase orders into the PO Program and various vendor websites.
- Receive order and note variance in the PO Program.
- Follow-up as necessary to ensure orders have been completed.
- Provide lunch and break coverage for Purchasing Specialist.
- Deliver orders to their respective departments within the Administrative Services building.
- Provide clerical and general operational support, filing of accounts payable documents, and miscellaneous office duties as requested.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Must maintain consistent, predictable and satisfactory attendance and punctuality as scheduled.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience with windows environment computer systems including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High attention to detail.
- Must pass a drug screening test and background check.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
- Moderate adaptability required. Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification – Medium.