GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for listing books and media for sale and preparing, packing and shipping merchandise.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately list books and media into inventory management software.
- Assign items to correct shelf location in inventory management software.
- Practice quality control by ensuring only quality product is listed; acceptable or better condition, within established guidelines and proper disposition of items.
- Accurately pull and condense product.
- Accurately package and prepare orders for shipment in accordance with customer expectations.
- Operate equipment in the listing, moving, and shipping of product.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Fosters and demonstrates a positive team environment.
- Provides excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Intermediate computer skills with a functional knowledge of word processing and how to use e-mail and internet software.
- Must be able to work store operating hours.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public
- Works indoors in either a warehouse or store setting. Environment is heated or may be air conditioned, and may include exposure to dust.
- Long periods of mobility and moving merchandise.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification – Medium.