GENERAL SUMMARY: The Collectibles Lead is an effective, advanced producer and creative lister of items who assists the supervisory staff in the proper store operation by performing assigned advanced tasks and providing leadership to assigned personnel. Promote improvements to current business systems by advancing new ideas and successfully organizing change.
- PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proficient at processing and listing specialized collectibles items and performing advanced tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness during unusual or critical situations.
- Promotes new ideas and process improvements to achieve department goals.
- Responsible for ordering and inventory of all supplies.
- Track results by creating, implementing or using reports.
- Ensure that open communication exists at all levels in the department.
- Provides excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Delegate and oversee store opening and closing procedure.
- Train and mentor employees in a thorough, organized, and timely manner.
- Provide feedback to supervisory staff on employee performance.
- Responsible, as designated, for department operations in the absence of department Manager and Supervisor.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work store operating hours.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Basic knowledge of antiques and collectibles.
- Intermediate computer skills with a functional knowledge of word processing and how to use e-mail and internet software.
- Must have good organizational and decision making skills.
- Must be detail orientated with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
- Works indoors in either a warehouse or store setting. Environment is heated or may be air conditioned, and may include exposure to dust.
- Long periods of mobility and moving merchandise.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification: Medium.