GENERAL SUMMARY: Provide Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette (GICW) employees, Long Term Services (LTS) participants, and community members learning support on a variety of levels.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and conduct learning workshops for Goodwill of the Columbia Willamette (GICW) employees, community members and Long Term Services program participants within GICW service area.
- Customize curriculum design based on the needs of the audience and managers’ goals.
- Build, strengthen and maintain community partnerships with the goal of increasing the impact of the program through services and individuals served.
- Design, conduct and track individualized support for Goodwill employees on an as needed basis with the input of site managers. The different learning needs include: GED tutoring, computer skills, individual growth plans, and literacy.
- Contribute to the program’s internal and external communication strategy by participating in activities such as outreach presentations and writing information articles.
- Maintain communication with supervisor.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Attend meetings held by GICW & other agencies as assigned.
- Assist with entering and maintenance of training information in training database.
- Keep up to date with developments in training by establishing personal networks, reading relevant journals and attending relevant trainings, either on-line or in-person.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience in learning facilitation in an adult education environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
- Must pass a drug screening test and background check.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
- Travel throughout the service area is required.
- May be exposed to program participants with unpredictable behavior.
- DOT Strength: Medium