GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for instructing selected students/employees in the English As A Second Language (ESL) course at worksites within GICW’s assigned territory and instructing Community ESL classes provided by GICW.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with managers to organize and implement ESL classes at work sites.
- Provide ESL instruction to selected students/employees and community members.
- Conduct evaluations to measure student entrance level and progress.
- Maintain contact with store managers to apprise them of student/employee progress.
- Prepare a summary report describing student progress upon completion of each term.
- Develop and refine ESL curriculum, instructional materials and classroom activities.
- Maintain computerized student database.
- Research and recommend purchase of teaching materials and equipment.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Produce and publish one monthly and one yearly ESL publication.
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate willingness & ability to adhere to all GICW policies and procedures, Kaizen guidelines, CARF standards, safety and security regulations.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Master’s degree
- TESOL certificate or equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational and interpersonal skills required. Experience in the development and implementation of ESL programs, preferably within private industry.
- Experience teaching under educated adults.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Must be able to provide own transportation
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
- Travel throughout the service area is required.
- May be exposed to program participants with unpredictable behavior.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification: Medium.