GENERAL SUMMARY: Assist in the supervision of the maintenance and custodial department personnel.
- Ensure that Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette (GICW) is in compliance with all state and federal regulations regarding the safety of staff, machinery, tools and equipment.
- Plan and supervise special building and repair projects as necessary.
- Ensure the upkeep of all machinery, buildings and landscaping for all facilities.
- Coordinate and prioritize the store maintenance requests.
- Manage contractors for quality and timely completion of scheduled repairs.
- Acquire parts for facility repairs and maintain van parts inventory.
- Maintain and manage the facility maintenance department data base (i.e. work orders, pictures and project lists).
- Daily processing of invoices for accounts payable.
- Weekend on-call and fills in for Facilities Maintenance Manager, as needed.
- Customer service, store maintenance contact for maintenance request, project follow-up.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Experience in facilities management of a major multi location organization with technical training in engineering preferred.
- Working knowledge in carpentry, metal work, plumbing, electrical work, cement work, landscaping, roofing, painting as well as the principles of boiler, air conditioning, heating and floor coverings.
- Must provide own transportation as required.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to communicate with the general public.
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting with occasional travel into the field.
- Rare exposure to welding by-products and hazardous chemicals.
- Occasional driving of company vehicles.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification – Medium.