POSITION OVERVIEW: Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; HVAC; plumbing; etc.).
- Preventative Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance as scheduled.
- Electrical maintenance to include but not to be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures(e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc. ) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repairs of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, replacing drain hoses on miscellaneous devices, etc.).
- Carpentry work as required to repair windows, doors and hardware.
- Miscellaneous welding repairs, painting, window adjustments, thermostat controls, fence repairs, drywall repair, move store fixtures and furniture.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in maintenance of a commercial or retail facility.
- asic understanding of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with vendors, managers, co-workers, and the general public.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to operate heavy machinery (i.e. Scissor lift, Boom Lift, Forklift, etc.).
- Valid state issued driver’s license with good driving record.
- Ability to navigate through a CMMS program.
- Carrying, lifting, or pushing up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Must have the ability to wear all prescribed safety equipment.