GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for the overall supervision of the janitorial staff assigned to a building or site and performs various cleaning duties. Works together with other janitorial staff to ensure quality cleaning services to Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette (GICW) facilities.
- Perform janitorial duties thoroughly and professionally.
- Schedules and assigns tasks to be completed by janitorial staff.
- Assist in setting up equipment and room design; assist with other special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of supplies and order as needed.
- Participates in hiring training, coaching and evaluating employees in a thorough, organized and timely manner.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Minimum of one year janitorial experience.
- Demonstrated skills as a lead worker or supervisor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
Cleaner I, Cleaner II and Janitorial Team Leader
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions, dust and cleaning agents.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength: Sedentary.