GENERAL SUMMARY: Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette’s (GICW) Job Connection Program (JC) provides free job search and referral services to individuals with barriers to employment find meaningful work. The JC Program Manager assists the Assistant Director of Vocational Services in developing, coordinating and managing the Job Connection Program.
- Establish, implement, and communicate goals and objectives in accordance with program guidelines.
- Contribute to program effectiveness by implementing Job Connection Business plan; identify short-term and long-range opportunities and recommend course of action.
- Ensure program delivery via least-cost methods, keeping within assigned budget.
- Ensure program consistency in terms of services, processes, and tools.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and implement marketing strategies to build community participation within Job Connection program.
- Ensure all staff members receive onboarding and training.
- Represent Goodwill at community events to increase awareness and public understanding of Goodwill’s mission and services.
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- BA/BS degree and five years of supervisory experience.
- Skill in supervision, management, presentation, negotiation, problem-solving strategies/techniques.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Provide own transportation as required.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to communicate with the general public.
Job Connection staff as assigned.
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting.
- Travel throughout the service area may be required.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification – Light.