GENERAL SUMMARY: Greets donors, receives donations, and offers receipt for donated goods. Ensures that donations are sorted and secure in accordance with Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette (GICW) requirements. Provides assistance in other areas of the store, as assigned. Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner. Assist supervisory staff in store operation by performing assigned advanced tasks and provides leadership to assigned personnel.
- Assist in unloading acceptable donations in a timely and courteous manner.
- Support production, retail area and perform janitorial duties, as assigned.
- Sort donations in a timely and efficient manner according to current GICW requirements.
- Keep donation area neat, clean and orderly.
- Prepare records and reports, as requested.
- Load and unload trucks of donated goods and equipment.
- Train new Store Donation Attendants in all phases of job procedures and safety standards. Provide re-training when necessary.
- Provide feedback to supervisory staff on Store Donation Attendant employee performance.
- Delegate and oversee completion of all SDA duties.
- Work cooperatively with other lead workers to support the supervisory staff and the productivity of the store.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work store operating hours.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Able to stand, walk, climb, stoop, bend, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions. May be exposed to dust.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification – Heavy.