GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll.
- Calculate and verify time card hours for employees. Audit and download time from ADI system. Verify sick/vacation balance against ADI time and make necessary adjustments in ADI. Run payroll verifying reports to ensure payroll is complete and ensure new hires are input.
- Make independent decisions in the payroll area working within established policies.
- Input all adjustments (retroactive pay, deductions, vacation bonus, sick bank, year-end).
- Responsible for output and distribution of standardized benefit hours reports to departments, standardized wage distribution reports and reports for calculating payments.
- Responsible for filing all employee related information.
- Edit and reconcile the monthly Kaiser medical insurance billings.
- Distribution of paychecks to departments.
- Verifications of employment and wages paid to employees.
- Handle manual/final payroll checks printed on-site.
- Initiate transmission of bi-weekly GICW payroll to Ceridian and receive and translate the same day.
- Handle year-end W-2s and infrequent projects.
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Minimum of one year working with automated payroll.
- One to two years’ general office knowledge.
- High degree of adaptability and ability to deal with multiple work assignments when needed.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
- Long periods of sitting.
- Moderate adaptability required. Work environment is occasionally hectic (fast-paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.