GENERAL SUMMARY: Greets donors, receives donations, and offers receipt for donated goods. Ensures that donations are sorted and secure in accordance with Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette (GICW) requirements. Provides assistance in other areas of the store, as assigned. Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Assist in unloading acceptable donations in a timely and courteous manner.
- Thank donor for donations and ensure that receipt is offered to each donor, regardless of size of donation.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with supervisory staff and co-workers.
- Support production, retail area and perform janitorial duties, as assigned.
- Sort donations in a timely and efficient manner according to current GICW requirements.
- Accurately track all donations.
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Provide excellent customer service by acknowledging, assisting and thanking customers.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work store operating hours.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Able to stand, walk, climb, stoop, bend, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs occasionally.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions. May be exposed to dust.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.