GENERAL SUMMARY: Transports material to and from the processing plant, Attended Donation Center (ADC) sites and stores using trucks and commercial trailers. May drive smaller company trucks and perform clean-up duty at ADC sites.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transport loads to and from designated locations in a timely fashion.
- Maintain records, logs and inspection; reports appropriate information and incidents regarding customers, donors, employees and equipment.
- Works with other employees as part of a team, and must communicate effectively.
- Responsible for proper clean-up of donation sites as assigned, including sweeping sites after the loading process is complete.
- Responsible for loading and unloading trailers at assigned locations.
- Performs truck safety inspections at the beginning, during and at the end of each shift.
- Ensures that trailers are loaded safely and properly landed.
- Complies with all state and Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Inspects and secures loads prior to transport.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- One year experience driving tractor trailer.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Able to provide own transportation as needed.
- Physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle pursuant to DOT regulations.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license which reflects a driving record that meets GICW standards.
- Must maintain medical certification for CDL-Class A.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquires and to make entries on reports and records as required by DOT regulations.
- Works outdoors driving a truck with or without tractor trailer in the GICW service area.
- Exposed to all types of weather conditions while hooking up vehicle.
- Must wear gloves, leather work shoes and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification: Heavy