GENERAL SUMMARY: Material Handlers provide logistical support to all other E-Commerce tasks and operations. Responsible for organizing and arranging all incoming goods, keeping all work areas supplied with product, removing of processed goods to assigned designations, and communicating with all members of the team to assure good product flow.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Load and unload trucks and trailers using hand truck, forklift, pallet jack, or other material handling equipment.
- Efficiently move materials to and from E-Commerce and the warehouse.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Provides excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work store operating hours.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting, stand, walk, carry, push, pull, reach, stoop, bend, twist, crouch, grasp, kneel and climb.
- Must be able to follow verbal or written instructions.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
- Works indoors in either a warehouse or store setting. Environment is heated or may be air conditioned, and may include exposure to dust.
- Long periods of mobility and moving merchandise.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification: Heavy.