GENERAL SUMMARY: Lead Cashiers are responsible for maintaining excellent customer service, cash register operations, sales floor functions, and safeguarding company assets in an accurate and efficient manner. Assists supervisory staff in store operation by performing assigned advanced tasks and provides leadership to assigned personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Provide excellent customer service by acknowledging, assisting and thanking customers.
- Perform register tasks including verifying funds, accurately counting down register, maintaining cleanliness and stocking register areas.
- Maintain store appearance to GICW standards including sales floor, fitting rooms and parking lot.
- Accurately and efficiently follow GICW merchandising standards. i.e.: product placement and stock rotation.
- Follow proper phone etiquette and use paging system.
- Follow all GICW loss prevention procedures.
- Resolve customer issues in compliance with GICW policies and procedures.
- Train employees in a thorough, organized, and timely manner.
- Responsible, as designated for directing the activities of store personnel; ensuring that all sales transactions are rung up and reported accurately.
- Provide feedback to supervisory staff on cashier employee performance.
- Assist supervisory staff with implementation of customer service, cash control, inventory control, and security procedures.
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment.
- Work cooperatively with other lead workers to support the supervisory staff and the productivity of the store.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work store operating hours.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Must successfully complete GICW’s Cashier Certification class.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
- Works indoors in either a warehouse or store setting. Environment is heated or may be air conditioned, and may include exposure to dust.
- Long periods of standing and moving merchandise.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification – Medium.