GENERAL SUMMARY: Supports the Outlet Manager in the operation of a Goodwill Outlet facility. Follows specific guidelines and operates with minimal supervision. Acts as Manager in the absence of Assistant Manager and/or Manager.
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Direct the activities of outlet personnel, ensuring that all sales transactions are rung up and reported accurately and ensure that donated goods are processed in accordance with standards.
- Resolve customer issues in accordance with GICW policies and standards in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain positive and professional relationship with all employees.
- Attend all mandatory classes in Store Manager Development and Training program and ongoing training classes as offered.
- Ensure the quality and quantity of work performed by employees according to GICW policy.
- Ensure proper adherence by outlet staff to policies and procedures. Utilize intervention recommended by Human Resources to effectively maintain employee relations.
- Ensure that safety procedures are understood and followed by all employees.
- Maintain all facility records including but not limited to production, financials and human resources in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain all interior and exterior areas to ensure ease of operations according to GICW policy.
- Interact with customers, donors and ensure excellent customer service.
- Comply with cash handling and POS procedures.
- Evaluate and react to financial reports in sales and production.
- Responsible for the facility operations in the Assistant Manager and/or Manager absence.
- Participates in hiring, training and evaluating employees in a thorough, organized and timely manner.
- Responsible for timely intervention, discipline and appropriate documentation for all employees.
- Comply with GICW employment practices and EEO guidelines and policies.
- Loss Prevention
- Keep premises clean and free of safety hazards. Ensure that safety procedures are understood and followed by all staff and employees.
- Ensure all loss prevention matters are reported, investigated and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper operation of facility security including, but not limited to: new and used goods, door locks, alarms, office door, bank deposits, refunds, safe, and incident reports.
- Ensure proper cash handling, enforcement of cash register procedures and submission of required reports.
- Follows proper new goods procedure by correctly processing, securing and inventorying as directed.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School graduate or GED and a minimum of one year’s retail experience.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Must exhibit a high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Must successfully complete GICW’s Cashier Certification class.
- Must provide own transportation as required
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
- Production Associates, Cashiers and SDA’s. At times, may perform supervisory duties for transportation and salvage workers.
- Work is performed in a retail, production, and warehouse setting.
- May be exposed to dust.
- Some tasks may require use of personal protective equipment.
- Long periods of mobility and moving of merchandise.
- May be exposed to program participants with unpredictable behavior.
- Field of work includes office, production area, store showroom/retail floor and surrounding grounds.
- Outlet Supervisors are subject to transfer to other locations within the GICW system.
- High adaptability required: Work environment usually hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification: Medium