GENERAL SUMMARY: Receives, inventories, and stores new goods from various vendors. Receives new goods orders from stores and arranges and loads shipments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Load and unload new good shipments from trailers utilizing hand trucks, pallet jacks and other material handling equipment, as appropriate.
- Sort, organize and inventory arriving new goods orders.
- Build and shrink wrap pallets of new goods.
- Maintain inventory to ensure sufficient amount of store supplies.
- Enter data daily as necessary to ensure all electronic inventory records are accurate.
- Project a high level of customer service in communicating with stores (and other departments, as necessary) to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Maintain the work area in a safe, clean and orderly fashion.
- Provides excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Must demonstrate willingness and ability to adhere to all GICW’s policies and procedures, CARF standards, Kaizen guidelines, safety and security regulations.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting, stand, walk, carry, push, pull, reach, stoop, bend, twist, crouch, grasp, kneel and climb.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Moderate computer proficiency required for functional use of excel spreadsheets, access database or other existing electronic forms.
- Must be certified to operate a forklift according to GICW requirements.
- Work is primarily performed in a warehouse environment on an open dock. May perform work at a donation site or a trailer/truck unloading site.
- Exposed to all weather conditions, moving trucks and forklifts, and moderate noise levels.
- Driving hazards as a passenger in vehicles.
- Long periods of standing or walking.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification – Medium.