GENERAL SUMMARY: Provide free job search services to individuals with barriers to employment and employment services to employers. The Senior Employment Specialist provides guidance and support to Employment Specialists and Employment Coordinators
- Supervise assigned staff, ensuring timely counseling and evaluations.
- Work cooperatively with other Senior Employment Specialists to serve major employers and community partners.
- Ensure team needs are met through effective listening and problem solving.
- Participate in hiring, training, and evaluating employees in a thorough, organized, and timely manner.
- Actively recruit potential job seekers for enrollment.
- Engage participants and establish trusting, collaborative relationships.
- Coordinate with business and industry partners at events.
- Assess program participants’ education, work experience, skills, qualifications and job interests.
- Identify barriers that hinder participants’ employability.
- Provide program participants with job leads and skill training information.
- Match program participants with employment opportunities.
- Develop and maintain frequent communication with program participants; employment community; and, referral sources. Coach participants in interview and presentation skills.
- Make appropriate referrals to community partners and network to garner new participant referrals.
- Communicate effectively with supervisory staff and co-workers
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- BA/BS degree.
- Three years supervising or leading teams or three years’ experience as a GICW Employment Specialist.
- Three years direct sales and cold calling experience.
- Experience interacting and communicating with diverse populations.
- Ability to give and understand instructions, learn new things, make proposals, ask questions and convey information with ease.
- Able to function independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Provide own transportation as required.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Employment Specialist
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment with frequent telephone use.
- Occasional travel within service area may be required.
- Employment Specialists are subject to transfer to other locations within GICW system.
- May be exposed to program participants with unpredictable behaviors in a variety of settings.
- Moderate adaptability required. Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification – Light.