GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for all tasks relating to the maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Able to assist in training of Maintenance Technician I and II.
- Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled.
- Inspect, overhaul and repair machinery and equipment as needed.
- Replaces belts on installed equipment. Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, pulleys and other machine components.
- Measure, cut and install pipes and tubing for gas, water, steam and hydraulic lines. Open clogged drains when necessary.
- Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and other plumbing equipment.
- Install, repair and replace electrical equipment, wiring and fixtures.
- Perform maintenance on boilers and related equipment in the boiler room.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to communicate with customers, co-workers, and supervisors, or be willing and able to participate in an English as a Second Language (ESL) or equivalent program.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeracy.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of the Maintenance Technician III job description with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must meet GICW quantitative and qualitative performance standards.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the maintenance of buildings and equipment.
- A working knowledge and applicable technical training in all areas of maintenance and construction, such as carpentry, welding, plumbing, electrical [License (L.M.E.L.)] required, cement, roofing, painting, floor covering. Technical training in the principles of HVAC is desired.
- Valid Oregon/Washington driver’s license to operate company vehicles.
- Able to provide own transportation as required.
- DOT Strength Classification – Heavy.
- Working around machinery, ladders, sharp metal and power tools.
- Occasional exposure to welding by-products and hazardous chemicals.
- Occasional necessity to work at heights greater than one story.
- Working conditions include outdoor exposure to inclement weather.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.