Job Connection is a free job search and referral program designed to help you find a job outside Goodwill that fits your needs and abilities. With our FREE services, you will develop an effective job search strategy, in addition to receiving information on area employers.
- Click here for upcoming events and positions available with partnering employers in the community.
- Click here for information on jobs in one of our Goodwill retail stores or donation centers.
Job Connection helped me update my resume, and kept me informed on updated job listings. I have the job I have now as a caregiver, thanks to them. – Myra Marquez
Start Your Job Search Today
Our Employment Specialists will work individually with you to identify your work skills, experience, and interests in order to provide job leads in the community based on your strengths. We will create a plan with your vocational goals in mind and work hard to help you locate employment within 30 days, if possible.
Make an Appointment
Goodwill's Job Connection Program is here for you! Before scheduling an appointment:
- Call 1-877-676-5872 to speak with your local Employment Specialist.
- Print out an intake packet and bring it in with you to your appointment.
Job Connection Participant Criteria
- You must be 16 years of age or older
- Provide or arrange your own transportation
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in the US
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to work with Job Connection staff (i.e.), returning calls in a timely manner, following through on referrals, contacting your Employment Specialist on a regular basis to receive maximum potential benefit
- You must have a valid phone number or email
- Authorization to communicate with your employer once hired
The Services Provided
- Assessment and review of your marketable skills
- Personalized job search assistance and job leads
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- One-on-one interview practice
- Referrals to appropriate agencies
- Networking with employers, staffing agencies and community partners
- Instruction on enhancing job readiness, interview skills, resume creation, etc.
- A resource room with a full computer lab where we will help you with:
Resume and cover letter assistance
Job search support and job leads
Help with the online application process
Online learning and skill training
Email and internet skill support
- Meet the Employer Events and Job Fairs in the Community
- Employee Career Enhancement (ECE) Workshops
- For a complete schedule, visit our events page.
The Types of Jobs We'll Help You Find
◾ Accounting ◾ Administrative / Clerical ◾ Construction ◾ Customer Service
◾ Data Entry ◾ Food Service Industry ◾ Healthcare ◾ Hospitality ◾ Janitorial
◾ Industrial ◾ Managerial ◾ Production / Assembly ◾ Retail ◾ Sales ◾ Security
◾ Warehouse ...... and many more!
Are you an Employer?
Job Connection works with partnering employers who need assistance in finding the PERFECT employee for their open postions. Our services are at NO cost to you. For more information on how we can help, click here.
English As A Second Language (ESL) Classes
English as a Second Language classes at Goodwill are free to anyone who speaks little or no English, and to those who wish to improve. Our instructors help prepare participants to use English at work and in everyday situations.
Your needs are important to us. If you have any questions about the English as a Second Language program offered through Goodwill, please call (503) 238-6173 or (503) 238-6196.