Last Update: 07/27/2022
At Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette (“GICW” or “us”, “we”, and “our”), we want you to know how we collect, use, share, protect, and otherwise process the personal information we collect through our website at meetgoodwill.org (the “Site”).
What Information Is Collected?
The types of personal information we collect on the Site may include:
- Contact information, including name, physical address, billing address, email address, phone (or mobile) number, age, and business contact information;
- Personal information that you choose to share with us when you ask a question, request that we follow-up with you, register for an event, make a donation, or otherwise interact with us through the Site;
- Computer device information, including browser characteristics, IP address, time zone, and cookies installed on your device;
- Mobile device information, including device model, operating system details, device date and time, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information;
- Information about how you use our Site, search terms, pages you visit on our Site, and our Site’s performance on your device.
Information You Provide Voluntarily: When you use our Site, you may choose to provide certain personal information or information that can be used to identify you individually, including name and contact details. For example, GICW may collect your personal information when you subscribe to receive our newsletter, register for one of our programs or events, make a donation, or when you contact us with questions.
Information Collected Automatically: GICW automatically collects certain personal information about you when you access or use our Site, employing various tools and technologies, including cookies, analytics, and web server logs. Automatically collected information may include information about our Site visitors and how they use our Site, such as IP addresses, browser characteristics, operating system details, and pages or content viewed on our Site. We may use the following technologies to collect information about our visitors automatically:
- Log File Information: Log file information is data about your use of the Site, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, clickstream data, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and related data, and may be stored in log files. This information is automatically reported to us by your browser each time you register with or view our Site.
- Cookies: Cookies are small data files that your web browser transfers to your computer’s hard drive to enable our systems to recognize your preferences and enhance your visit. Cookies collect information such as the type of search engine used, the pages of the Site visited, the referral website, and other Site usage information. A cookie can be used to uniquely identify your browser, but it cannot retrieve personal information about you.
How Is Your Information Used?
We may use personal information we collect through the Site for various purposes including:
- To communicate with you, including responding to your comments, questions, or requests;
- To advertise, educate, provide information, or otherwise deliver marketing about our services and programs;
- To process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including registrations, donation acknowledgments, invoices, and receipts;
- To improve our Site, our services, our marketing efforts, and our visitors’ online experience, including tailoring our content;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site and to conduct our business activities;
- To prevent, investigate, identify, or take any other action regarding any suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity or other activity that violates our policies;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and legal processes as well as our company policies;
- To assist law enforcement and respond to legal or regulatory inquires as required by law; and
- Any other purposes, as allowed by law or with your consent.
How Is Your Information Shared?
With Our Affiliates: We may share information with our affiliates as needed, to support our mission and provide our services.
With Our Service Providers, Business Partners, and Others: We may share information with our service providers, agents, business partners, and other third parties who perform services on our behalf, such as infrastructure, webhosting, web analytics, marketing, advertising, administering our programs and operations, and providing Site content and services.
We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of GICW (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). These service providers only receive personal information if it is needed to perform their functions.
When Necessary to Comply with Laws and Law Enforcement or Otherwise to Protect GICW: We may disclose your information (including your personal information) to a third party if:
- We believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, law enforcement, or governmental request;
- To investigate, prevent, detect, or take action regarding suspected or actual violations of the law and our policies;
- To respond to an incident involving personal data for which GICW has direct or indirect responsibility;
- To protect the rights, property, life, health, security, and safety of GICW, its services, those we serve, or the public;
- To respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person; or
- To investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share personal information that has been aggregated, deidentified or is otherwise anonymized and thus does not directly or indirectly identify you and cannot reasonably be used to reidentify you. Such non-personally identifiable information is not personal information within the scope of this Privacy Statement or applicable privacy laws.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may include links to websites operated by other companies. When you follow these links, you may be subject to the cookies and other tracking technologies used by those companies, which may independently collect information about you. This Policy does not apply to other companies’ websites, which may have their own privacy policies or notices. GICW is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked or advertised websites that it does not control.
Certain features of our Site may permit you to initiate interactions between GICW and other platforms like social networks operated by unaffiliated companies. If you choose to “like” or share content or other information on a social media platform, that information may be publicly displayed, and the company operating the other platform may receive information about you and your use of our Site. Similarly, if you interact with us through social media, we may have access to information about you from the social media platform. Please note that if you mention GICW, or comment about or in response to us, in your post on a social media platform, that platform may allow us to publish your post on our Site. You should review the terms, policies, and settings of any social media platforms you use to learn more about their data practices and/or adjust your privacy settings.
GICW takes reasonable measures to protect the personal information we collect from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet and other online interactions are not completely secure, and GICW cannot guarantee the security of your personal information collected through our Site.
- You may decline to share personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with some of the features of our Site or respond to your inquiries and requests.
- You may decline to accept some cookies, but that decision may affect the functionality and performance of our Site.
- You may opt out of receiving email communications from GICW at any time by following the instructions provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link.
Our Site, and the services we provide to our clients, are not directed to or intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from visitors under the age of 13. If we learn that anyone under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we will delete such information in accordance with applicable law.
Information for Visitors From California
Under the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”), Site users who are California residents have certain rights which they may exercise independently or through an authorized agent, including the right to request certain information regarding the personal information we collect from you, the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you, and the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your CCPA privacy rights. To make such requests, please contact us at email@example.com.
The California Business and Professions Code Section 22575(b) provides that California residents are entitled to know how a website operator responds to “Do Not Track” (DNT) browser settings. DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to website to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks, and analytic companies. We do not currently take action to respond to DNT signals. For information about DNT, please visit: https://www.allaboutdnt.org.
Information for Visitors From Outside the United States
GICW is based in the United States and governed by U.S. law. If you are accessing our Site from outside of the United States, please be aware that personal information collected through the Site will be processed in the United States. Data protection laws in the United States are likely different from those of your country of residence. By submitting your personal information through our Site, you acknowledge that your personal information will be processed in the United States in accordance with this Policy. Visitors residing outside the United States may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. for more information about our data practices.
Questions, Complaints, and Additional Information